Thursday, November 24, 2011

Twists and Turns of Time

Long gap again. A few starts and stops at fitness. I think I finally have forgiven myself for my perceived failures at Pikes Peak, but mostly IMH 98. I did the best I could and I FINISHED. Fast forward to today..

My recent health checkup has opened eyes that have long been slumbering. Cholesterols all elevated as expected, but the kick in the head was "insulin resistant" which traslates as Pre Diabetic. This hit me like  asemi broadside..ME? After self refection I decided this is NOT going to happen to me. I am starting my lifetime dietary change to a low fat primarily vegetarian mode with a few allowance for days like today- Thaksgiving.

I am thankful for modern medicine to point out to me when I am refusing to see that it is time to be like the One legged man in a Butt kicking contest. Starting slow and easy with exercise, easing into developing a habit for life.

More soon!

No comments: